Monday, April 19, 2010

Craigslistlieder


In my newsletter I emphatically and sincerely stated that I am more excited about the next NYFOS program than I have been about any song program. Let me share with you a sneak preview of one of the song cycles. Let me point out that NYFOS rarely programs entire cycles, but here is the best case for an exception: Craigslistlieder. You can listen to it streaming on the bottom right of the composers' (Gabriel Kahane's) page or download it for free as a zip file by following the 'Discography' link on the left.
I am not going to attempt to describe in words how great these songs and their creator are (the composer sings and plays on this recording.) Besides, Steven Blier's program notes will be available soon. Just listen for yourself and feel free to comment on how they've changed your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment